Where Did Everyone Go?
Have you been thinking - what happened to all auto shows near me recently? I think it’s something that’s been on a lot of people’s minds these days. Well, I suppose on auto enthusiast’s minds.
If you’re like me you like to bounce from one car event to the next checking out all the cool specs that people in the area have been working on. Unfortunately, these days that’s getting harder and harder to do.
Things Almost Came Back!
For a few weeks there, it looked like things were getting better. I saw a few meets pop back up in Houston and was able to find some auto shows near me that had some decent turnouts. There was even the one with the fireworks here: Street Cars in Houston . Whoops. Now with the cases spiking again, even the local events seem to be getting cancelled left and right. You may be able to find a local meetup on facebook but my guess is anything of a decent size is going to get cut. With states taking a more aggressive approach again, we’re likely to be lost of meets for at least a few more months!
To make things worse, check out this list of all the major auto shows that have been cancelled already:
- Geneva Motor Show was the first major automotive event to be cancelled during the pandemic. Turns out to have been a prescient move.
- Paris Motor Show - supposed to be held in october but has been cancelled
- New York International Auto Show has been rescheduled and will now take place from August 28 to September 6, 2020
- Beijing Motor Show – Auto China 2020 was due to be held from April 21 to April 30, 2020, but has now been postponed
- Detroit Auto Show 2020 had originally just been rescheduled for a few months later. Unfortunately, the event center has now been repurposed and the show in 2021 is now set for June 11-26
While it will never be a replacement, Topmarq is working to host some virtual car shows for the larger shows across the nation to keep you all sated with incredible cars and stories! If you know of or run a car show that has been cancelled, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can host your virtual event!
Let’s all just hope that we can get through this safe and sound and then get back to the great in person events and all the auto shows near you can make up for lost time!